Surgical care can be one of the most crucial aspects of cancer treatment. Cancer, Blood & Surgery Specialists of Arizona provides diagnoses, staging and cancer treatment plans for patients. For many patients, surgery is combined with other cancer treatments, including chemotherapy and radiation therapy to help prevent the cancer from growing, spreading, or recurring after treatment. Determining if a patient is a candidate for surgery depends on several patient specific factors, including the tumor type, size, location, and stage.
Our skilled surgery team specializes in minimally invasive surgical approaches using laparoscopic and robotic-assisted techniques to significantly lessen the impact on patients. With the da Vinci® Robotic System, surgeons operate through just a few small incisions. The da Vinci System features a magnified 3D high-definition vision system and tiny wristed instruments that bend and rotate far greater than the human hand. As a result, the da Vinci enables your surgeon to operate with enhanced vision, precision, and control.
Our surgical team has expertise in the following cancers, adrenal gland, bile ducts, breast, colon and rectum, esophagus, liver, pancreas, skin, soft tissue sarcoma of the trunk, extremity, retroperitoneum, small bowel and stomach, among others. Our practice also provides general surgery services treating the colon, hernias, neck and thyroid issues, and more.
Advanced Procedures Performed
- Modified Radical Mastectomy
- Excision of Breast Mass/Lump/Nodule
- Breast Needle Core Biopsies
- Nipple Sparing Mastectomy
- Closure of Enterostomy (Colostomy/Ileostomy)
- Small Bowel Resection
- Total/Partial Colectomy
- Total/Partial Thyroidectomy
- Esophagomyotomy w/ Fundoplasty (Heller’s Myotomy)
- Nissen Fundoplication (With or Without Hiatal Hernia)
- Total/Partial Thyroid Lobectomy
- Excision of Zenker’s Diverticulum
- Paraesophageal Hernia
- Neck Dissections
- Oncology needs
- Excision of Lesions/Nodules/Masses
- Incisional Drainages (Abscess/Cysts)